Mission & Vision
Climate Wise allows you to easily and affordably address climate change.
Their mission is to provide meaningful change by offsetting our carbon
footprint and improving the lives of those in the poorest communities.
About Climate Wise
Climate Wise are a global solution, focused on leading the way in providing both investment into climate change products as well as supporting local communities with education and lifestyle change initiatives to reduce the footprints being generated piece by piece.
Their passionate team is the foundation of their business, driving change through the investment of funds into carbon reducing projects.
Projects we support with Climate Wise
Rwanda Safe Water Project
Delivering clean, safe water in Rwanda by identifying and rehabilitating broken-down boreholes.
An ongoing maintenance programme, alongside water sanitation and hygiene training, ensures a safe and reliable community water supply is maintained.
Each of the 12 micro-projects under this programme prevents 10,000 tonnes of CO2 equivalent emissions,
whilst also providing:
– A supply of clean safe water for communities
– Reduced incidence of waterborne diseases
– Less time and effort spent collecting wood to boil and sanitise the water
– Reduced expenditure on wood fuel, leaving money free for other household expenses
– Reduced pressure on local wildlife and ecosystems due to reduced deforestation
Indian wind turbine project
This 100 MW wind power plant, supported by Orange Renewable, is located in the district of Anantapur in Andhra Pradesh, India. The project consists of 50 wind turbines of 2.0 MW each generating clean electricity. The project adheres to best practices and has conducted an ESIA study in line with the IFC guidelines.
Orange consistently invests in the following thematic areas:
- Supporting community health care and augmenting medical facilities
- Quality of education through supporting schools
- Develop and provide clean drinking water infrastructure
- Women empowerment through awareness and assistance
- Generating quantifiable employment for locals
- Safeguarding environment
- Further activities are also carried out to support the “Clean India” initiative of the Government of India by investing in sanitary infrastructure